Here's a Movie Meme from Pastor Mom:
I waited to give the Thief a chance to guess on a couple of these, which were listed in his honor and not necessarily because they were my favorites. I don't know if there are actually 10 movies that I like, so I borrowed a couple for laughs. The answers are now included...
Pick ten of your favorite movies, go to IMDB and find a quote from each, post the quotes, and make people guess.
Here's my list:
1. You mean he'll be in a humour to give consequence to young ladies who are slighted by other men? "She is tolerable I suppose, but she's not handsome enough to tempt me". Pride and Prejudice
2. If I do not have the three of you married before Michaelmas, it will not be my fault. Sense and Sensibility
3. I have never worn pantyhose, but it sounds very dangerous. The Princess Diaries
4. I just want you to feel you're doing well. I hate for people to die embarrassed. The Princess Bride
5. Although my memory's fading, I remember two things very clearly. I'm a great sinner and Christ is a great Savior. Amazing Grace
6. Isn't my house classic? The columns date all the way back to 1972. Clueless
7. The Canadians. They walk among us. William Shatner. Michael J. Fox. Monty Hall. Mike Meyers. Alex Trebek. All of them Canadians. All of them here. Canadian Bacon (listed in honor of the Thief)
8. Stealing shoes off a dead man. Oh, we're going to hell. Um, this one was for the Thief, too, because it really was a terrible movie. Come on Thief. Okay, so maybe you weren't paying enough attention to remember the actual line... Weekend at Bernie's II
9. I find your lack of faith disturbing. Star Wars
10. I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand, Men of the West! Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
You are welcome to put your guesses/known answers in the comments.
And no, Mary Beth, I'm no help on yours. The ones I know, everyone else does too. :)