There are lots of things today that make me happy. I will write them here. Please enjoy and make your own list today... or whenever you can find some.
1. My van side door (the awesome automatic door) has been acting up. This does not make me happy. Tim, ever the researcher, found instructions on YouTube of how to fix the problem. This he started on Monday. Yesterday it was even worse. Last night he completed the fix and ... wait for it ... it's all better. It is back to normal again. Score one big one for the Tim!
2. The boys started swimming lessons on Monday at Hamilton Heights High School. This was chosen because both boys could go and because another friend has her girls in class the same time as we were able to sign up. It's Mondays and Wednesdays at 10 a.m., and the boys have Evan as their teacher. It's the two of them together in a lane. Brian, there is no one shouting "BREATHE! BLOW!" throughout the pool area. On Monday, Mark was persuaded to get his face wet. Today he went under the water and stayed for SIX SECONDS! And at the end of the session time, ADAM even went under the water! (I think Evan helped, but no one minded!) Mark practiced floating with his face in the water, too! Both boys are doing great, and it makes their mom very proud. Score TWO for Mark and Adam!
3. Last week I went to Orlando for the Tri Delta Convention. I have never been to Convention before; my real deep involvement with DDD has come since college as an alumnae member. I had a great convention, met some great new friends, and reconnected with my collegiate chapter a little. What terrific girls! How fun was it to have my seatmate on the flight the chapter president from my own collegiate chapter? (AWESOME.)
4. While at Convention, we had "fun night" at Sea World. While we were eating supper, my mouth started writing checks that I was not really prepared to cash, but my friends held me to it -- I would ride the roller coaster. Fortunately the wait for the newer coaster, Manta, was longer than we wanted to do, so we went on Kraken. And, who knew? I LOVED it. (I just watched a YouTube video of it and it made me dizzy, so I guess it wasn't that crazy that I couldn't walk straight when I got off.) I am trying to do stuff that I'm a little afraid of so there's no regret later (too many times I've wished I'd had the nerve to do something, only too late to change it), and this was no exception! I really like it! (I did not go on the other later, and my two friends who did said I would NOT have liked it, so I am okay with that!) Score one for me!
5. My friend Shannon has a new baby boy! His name is Tyler and he was born yesterday! I am sure anyone who reads this who knows Tony & Shannon already knows this, but I am happy for them all the same so it goes on my list! Score one for ANDREW for having a little brother!
Anything you're happy about? Add it in the comments or write your own and link to me. :)